Friday, May 8, 2009

Thing 42--Music 2.0

I had begun to use the NPR site after the Morning program went off the air. But I found that for the most part, music served as a distraction to me as I was trying to work on the computer. For Thing 40, I signed up for both Pandora and Last.fm, and then the mashup. What I have found is that it is pretty good on gauging my taste in some ways, and not so much in others. (Irish jig music is not Renaissance dance music…just not the same.)

I don’t know if Internet radio will replace broadcast. Right now, I don’t have a computer in my dining room, but I do have a radio (and a turntable, actually). Until I get devices that are everywhere I am and linked to the Internet, it won’t serve as a replacement for me.

I’m choosing to add only the Pandora widget to my blog. The Lifestream/fm is listing my music played, so I don’t think I really need to duplicate the effort.

I didn’t find any difficulty adding things. I enjoyed playing with this, but without an internet-linked portable device, it isn’t a truly practical option for me.

No comments:

My Grandmother Agnes