Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Thing 39--Digital Storytelling

I decided I wanted to do something a bit more archival, so I scanned some photographs of my great-grandparents and my grandmother. My relationship to family history has always resided in stories and photographs, since only one of my grandparents was alive when I was born, and he died when I was three months old. Here is a link to my Voice thread : My Grandmother Agnes. It should be the same as the screen above.

I found this relatively easy to use. I dealt with all my photos through a scanner and Microsoft photo editor before I uploaded them to Flickr.

I could imagine using this approach for student project of various sorts. It works enough like Powerpoint that it would probably be more intuitive for them than for me. I also think it would be a lovely way to create and share information for people to document their family histories.



I also tried to create a scrapbook on Smilebox. While I liked some of the features, I was frustrated that I was unable to change the shape of the photo slots on a premade page. It forced me to rearrange the photos differently than I wanted to. Still here is an example of one of the pages I made using the same photos as I uses for my voice thread set.


No comments:

My Grandmother Agnes