Friday, February 6, 2009

Thing 27 -- Twitter Me This

Well, I had set up the Twitter account last year when I was working on the original 23 Things, but nobody I worked with or knew had heard of it. Nor were they interested in the minutiae of my life, not that I felt like sharing it either.

This year, I have discovered that many more people know about it (duh...) and I am more comfortable in having an "on-line" presence. Originally I was quite concerned about attracting oddball attention. Now, I think I worry more about getting no attention at all. Gee, I think I made it into the Cyber Age! My Twitter user name is LibraryLady90, and I did manage to add the widget to my blog as well.

I guess I would have to say that while I don't love it, I don't really hate it either. I'm actually more interested in seeing what the institutional users (L of C, SLJ, etc.) do with it than I am in writing about myself. As for my using it as part of my library, I'm not sure the school I work at has any need for it. I could see this being useful at the college level, maybe even high school, but I think as a K to 8 school, we don't have much need for this. At least not yet! ;-)

I am, however, going to try to post regularly (maybe once or so a day), just so that I can get the feel for it.

No comments:

My Grandmother Agnes