Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Thing 16 -- Student 2.0 Tools

I foudn both of these sites marvelous. In my previous life as a college English teacher, I had to break down my writing assignments for my students much as the one from the U of Minnesota does. But how wonderful that someone else can walk them through both the timing and the reading of the assignment!

The Research Project Calculator is also a wonderful tool. The teacher materials are quite helpful and the activities suggested for students are also great. (My tech teacher partner and I are planning to use the one for evaluating web sites today with our 5th graders!) The calculator can help both teacher and student navigate how much time the various parts of the project should take, and that allows students to make good use of their planners (which the school requires) and helps them break up the tasks appropriately.

All in all, a great tool. While time management is one of my strong skills, I plan to pass this tool on to my 9th grade son to help him sort out his assignments.

No comments:

My Grandmother Agnes