Friday, March 7, 2008

Thing 12 -- Digg

I used Digg, because it was the one that seemed easiest to try after the introduction. I did find the attempt at contemporary slang somewhat annoying. And, sorry, I will always find the expression "to pimp" anything to be offensive, given its historical meaning. I can't get past that one.

I can imagine that I could use this site to condense material or collect material if I were working with current events or trying to research a particular event on-line. However, I don’t think it will really be too helpful at my school library. I have bookmarked a variety of sites that I look at when I have time. I don’t really think this would be something I would do on a regular basis.

Still, it might be an interesting way to assemble articles on a particular topic to ascertain whether or not bias is apparent and how point of view influences media stories.

No comments:

My Grandmother Agnes