Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Thing 15 -- On-Line Gaming

I experimented with Puzzle Pirates. I learned both to bilge and to carpent. I think the games are very appropriate for students in the upper part of my school (5 through 8), but I probably didn't play long enough to get a sense of how the interactions would go. I only interacted with the captains of each ship, and while entertaining, I found that I would forget to respond. I'm more accustomed to participating in games that involve my reading and solving puzzles, but not me interacting with other characters. I could see that this could be fun if people signed up with friends, so that you were interacting together.

Still, I'm not sure how much of a role this can play in school. Any games that are out on the Internet inherently are harder to control, and that makes it harder for parents and teachers to know how appropriate they are.

Nevertheless, I say, "Arggh! The Pirate Shalera bids thee fare well!"

No comments:

My Grandmother Agnes