Friday, March 7, 2008

Curriculum Planning and 23 Things

While I am still firmly in the middle of my learning from 23 Things on a stick, I am finding that this progam is helping spur my thinking in how to improve the curriculum for library and technology at my school. Our students (K through 8) need to know these skills to succeed in the world that awaits them.

My technology colleague and I have already thought of many ways to use what I have learned so far.

For example:
* blog in Hebrew with their Israeli partners (Blogger is Hebrew-enabled)
* podcast songs and other materials to help students learn
* compare and teach how to use bookmarks on the desktop vs. del.icio.us
* use wikis or Google Docs for collaborative work

This program has done a great deal to help us think of interesting and fun things to do to bring our classrooms into the 21st century. Thanks for providing me with this opportunity.

No comments:

My Grandmother Agnes