Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Thing 4 -- My Hometown

New Kensington Pennsylvania by Joseph Nicholson

I looked for images from my hometown, and found a wonderful photo collection on Flickr. My hometown is an old rust belt town that has become, as the photographer calls it, a ghost town. The images are haunting. I can't link to the particular photo, but I am including a link to the set of pictures of the town. The link is ttp://www.flickr.com/photos/joeinfulleffect/sets/72157600225626992/

It's a sad, but moving testimonial to the impact of an industry leaving a one-industry town.
But, lest you think that the area is only sad, I've attached a photo of one of the near-by state parks, called Kooser State Park. My family spent a great deal of time camping in my childhood, and we spent many weekends at this park. The photo is by 1CraftyLady.

No comments:

My Grandmother Agnes