Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Enjoying and exploring


I found this cartoon at the blog, LibraryBytes. Somehow, I couldn't resist including it here.

So I have further used my 23 things: I have chatted via Facebook with my son in Greece (soon to be home in Minnesota for 2 weeks!), I have found lesson plans on water usage and the Jordan River in Israel, and I have become wicked good at bilging on Puzzle Pirates. (Okay, maybe a little TOO good at Puzzle Pirates...)

Seriously though, I have gotten more comfortable and more efficient at finding materials than I was before, and I was pretty good to start with. This past week I even found a bilingual (Hebrew-English) picture book about desert animals in the Negev for a first grade unit on, wait for it, desert animals in the Negev. And it's even adorable.

Well, enough self-praise. But I wouldn't have been quite so successful at this without the 23 things on a stick. So now I almost have time to play Puzzle Pirates again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi I ran across your blog searching on school librarians. I'm not sure I understand the 23 things on a stick program, though it sounds like fun. I went to the link from your blog to the 23 Things on a Stick Ning. I still didn't understand the program, but I did see an incredibly humorous photo of a race or parade of librarians pushing book carts.

Anyway, I'd like to invite you to either blog about or participate in my free chapter book offer for elementary school libraries. The details are at:

http://www.aboonbooks.com/LibraryOffer.php

I’ve been getting a lot of enthusiastic feedback, but I could still use help getting the word out.

Thanks,
Anne

My Grandmother Agnes