Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Wishful Thinking


I find myself wishing that with spring arriving, all would blossom and renew itself, so that all the good things in the world could continue in strength and health. But instead I find myself thinking that wishes alone cannot come true. That I need to work harder, try harder, dream harder, to make the good survive.
I am sure part of my pensiveness is learning that my position is being decreased in percentage time for next school year. I had so many plans and dreams for my students next year, but I will only be able to what I can in a 50% position.
I am grateful that I am not so dependent on my job for its income--that could have been disasterous. But I worry that all the progress I have made in educating students and expanding their minds will fall by the wayside.
So here's to dreams and to work--may they both be enough to increase enrollment so that I can be working more time!

No comments:

My Grandmother Agnes