Thursday, June 18, 2009

The Intrusion of Life (and Death)

Yesterday the mother of one of my older son's friends died quite suddenly. Today is the first day of vacation from school for me, and I was expecting to feel footloose and fancy-free. But instead I am thinking about what to wear to a funeral and how to be supportive to a family with a 22 year old and an 18 year old. So many issues bubble to the surface. I remember when my son and this group of friends were 13 years old and had to deal with a death of one of their classmates. (My son ended up being a pall bearer, and I think it was harder on me than him.)

Yet these are the lessons of life. Last week one of my coworkers had her baby a month early, yet the little peanut and mom are doing fine.

Circles and cycles go around, life goes up and down, and we just keep doing the best we can.

May Sharon's memory only be for a blessing.

No comments:

My Grandmother Agnes