Friday, January 30, 2009

More Things on a Stick--Thing 25

I watched the videos and decided that while some of these things were fun and playful, they didn't really fit the way I was trying to go with my blog. I already was using Sitemeter from last time, so I decided to add a Cluster Map to get a similar feature for myself that didn't require me to go the Sitemeter's site. I also added the feature to allow people to easily add my blog to their feeds. Finally, based on a comment by the blog 23@40, I decided to change my feed profile to only a short version, so that people would have to click through to see the actual changes that I have made.

I spent less time on this in part because I have seen most of Google Gadgets since I use iGoogle for my home page at work. And, as I noted above, most of the gadgets seem playful, not useful, for what I am doing.

1 comment:

Sherri said...

I agree that most of the gadgets and widgets are playful and not really useful for our types of blogs. Maybe if my blog was something I designed to be educational for other librarians... but it's more personal. I hope you have fun working on all the Things!

My Grandmother Agnes