Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Thing 24 -- Updating my blog

I actually have been blogging since I finished the 23 Things on a Stick. I have most recently tried to start moving toward doing some posting of poetry and creative writing. I like feeling like I have a forum in which to write, since I spent my first career trying to teach college students how to write clearly and articulately. Unfortunately, few people have been reading what I have been posting, at least as far as Sitemeter is concerned. ( I am unclear as to whether Sitemeter registers people who read postings through a feed.)

I still read some of the blogs of other people who did the 23 things when I did, and I picked up some others, both professional and recreational. I haven't really been commenting on other people's blogs too often, although I do occasionally comment on some of the professional ones with teacherly responses. I suppose fair is fair--if I want comments, I should make them as well.

I did enjoy giving my blog a facelift. I still want to change the title--eventually. But I changed templates, uploaded a real photo of myself, and changed my avatar's setting and outfit. I also added a blog feed with some of my favorites that I read.

I'm glad to have this opportunity to learn more. If you read this, please consider reading some of the poetry below and giving me feedback--I would welcome it!

No comments:

My Grandmother Agnes